There is an endless list of Counter-Strike 1.6 console commands. They can be used in various ways like improving your game, setting up appearance or just simply having fun. In this article we singled out the most usefull ones.
System console can be activated anytime by pressing the tilde key ( ~ ). Here you can find useful information such as gameplay messages ,error messages and recent chat. We divided console controls into three groups: performance commands, gameplay/control and fun commands.
- Performance Commands
- fps_override (0-1) = Allows you to override default fps with your own.
- fps_max (0-999) = Sets the maximum framerate.
- fastsprites (0-2) = Sets the complexity of smoke sprites.
- max_shells (0-999) = Sets the maximum number of shells allowed at one time.
- max_smokepuffs (0-999) = Sets maximum number of smokepuffs allowed at one time.
- rate (0-20000) = Sets how much data you receive from a server.
- cl_cmdrate (0-105) = Number of data you send to the server.
- cl_cmdbackup (0-10) = Number of data that is buffered for server.
- cl_updaterate (0-102) = How many server update data you receive.
- bgmvolume (0-1) = Toggles CD audio on or off. 1 is on and 0 is off.
- brightness (1-3) = 1 is darkest while 3 is brightest.
- gamma (1-3) = Sets gamma correction. Warning: may require a restart.
- cl_weather (0-3) = Sets weather quality, 3 is highest.
- gl_cull (0-1) = Toggles rendering of visible objects only.
- gl_spriteblend (0-1) = toggles sprite blending.
- gl_smoothmodels (0-1) = Toggles model smoothing.
- gl_ansio (0-16) = Sets value of anisotropic filtering.
- gl_vsync (0-1) = Toggles video syncing.
- hisound (0-1) = Toggles high sound quality.
- r_drawviewmodel (0-1) = Toggles weapon model viewing.
- r_dynamic (0-1) = Toggles dynamic lighting.
- snd_noextraupdate (0-1) = Disables extra sound updates.
- viewsize (value) = Resizes pixels.
- quit = Exits game instantly.
2. Gameplay and Control
- cl_dynamiccrosshair (0-1) = Sets crosshair movement when moving.
- cl_allowdownload (0-1) = 1 allows you to download custom server content,0 doesn’t.
- cl_dlmax (value) = How fast you download in-game.
- cl_crosshair_color (value,value,value) = Allows you to change the color of your crosshair.
- cl_lefthand,righthand (0-1) Changes weapon alignment. 1 is on,0 is off.
- cl_nosmooth “1”
- cl_vsmoothing “0”
- cl_smoothtime “0” = Makes players look choppy but shows actual positions instead of estimated.
- cl_radartype (0-1) = Changes radar from transparent to solid. 0 is transparent, 1 is solid.
- cl_himodels (0-1) = Toggles Condition Zero player models. 0 is off, 1 is on.
- cl_minmodels (0-1) = 0 is default while 1 makes each team only use one model. Great for beginning players.
- say (message) = Let’s you type a message through console, plus you can copy and paste a message.
- say_team (message) = Allows you to send a team message through console, plus you can copy and paste a message.
- hud_fastswitch (0-1) = Toggles fast weapon switching.
- hud_deathnotice_time (value) = Sets how long death messages stay on screen.
- hud_saytext_time (value) = Sets how long chat messages stay on screen. Spammers beware!
- hud_drawhistory_time (value) = How long hud items stay on screen.
- hud_centerid (0-1) Centers player ids.
- m_filter (0-1) Toggles mouse filtering.
- m_rawinput (0-1) = Toggles raw mouse reading.
- m_customaccel “0”
- m_customaccel_exponent “0”
- m_customaccel_max “0”
- m_customaccel_scale “0” = Turns off mouse acceleration.
- motd = Displays Server’s message of the day.
3. Fun Commands
These commands require you to be in server admin and have sv_cheats 1 entered in the console.
- god = Makes the player invincible.
- impulse 101 = Gives all weapons and ammo.
- impulse 102 = Splatter bones and tissue.
- impulse 202 = Allows you to spray blood.
- kill = Player suicide.
- thirdperson = Sets viewmode in third perspective.
- firstperson = Sets viewmode in first perspective.
- cl_forwardspeed,cl_backspeed,cl_sidespeed (number) = Increase or decrease player speed.
- give weapon_(name) = Gives player weapon.
- skin-(skinname) = Changes player skin.
- sv_clienttrace 999999999 = Enables extreme auto-aim.
- mp_footsteps (0-1) = Toggles footsteps. 0 is off,1 is on.
- sv_gravity (number) = Changes gravity. Try entering negative values.
We hope that this post will help you get around the game more easily. It will take you some time to learn these commands, but once you do you will be one step closer to mastering Counter-Strike!
In case you want to read more about Counter-Strike 1.6 console commands please go here.
Still don’t have the game? Check our download options and choose one which suits you the most.